Advocating for and promoting the profession of psychiatric nursing as providers of holistic care with specialized focus in mental health.
Reminder to sign up or renew your membership for 2016 - see our membership page for details
August 1, 2016
ARPNBC is pleased to sponsor this years' Awards of Merit for the Psychiatric Nurses in BC. Please click here to see the Nomination Criteria. Submission deadline is August 26, 2016.
July 19, 2016
Visioning Health Care in 2026 - the BC Coalition of Nursing Associations Nursing Forum was held July 19, 2016 - click here to see tweets & photos of the day's events..
June 9, 2016
The ARPNBC Board is pleased to host an information meeting for current and future members immediately following the CRPNBC AGM on June 9th at 2pm held at the Executive Plaza Hotel, Coquitlam.
May 12, 2016
The BC Coalition of Nursing Associates, to which ARPNBC is a member, is proud to report another sucessful "Nurses at the Legislature" day was held May 9, 2016. Click here to see special messages to nurses from the Members of the Legislative Assembly.
May 9 - 15, 2016
Celebrating National Nurses' Week - click here to read a letter from the Board President regarding Nurses' Week.
May 2 - 8, 2016
Get ready to #GETLOUD for Mental Health Week - click here to read a letter from the Board President regarding Celebrating and Supporting Mental Health Week.
April 8, 2016
Time is running out for those RPNs who are interested in attending the Legislation Day for Nurses on May 9th. For more details, please visit the BC Coalition of Nursing Associations website.
March 26, 2016
The ARPNBC Board supports the direction of one nursing regulatory body. We feel there are numerous benefits for the Nursing Profession and for patients under a one college structure. A few of the benefits are listed below:
- consistency across practice standards and guidelines;
- improved intraprofessional collaboration within the nursing community;
- the opportunity to clarify, better coordinate and manage shared scopes of practice issues and areas, of overlapping practice amongst the nursing designations;
- shared services and infrastructure which result in cost savings both fiscally and with human relations;
- consistent regulation and oversight of the profession through a single set of committees for education review, quality assurance, registration, inquiry and discipline; and
- consistent development, implementation and communication around scopes and standards.
ARPNBC is committed to supporting this initiative.
Click here to review the report commissioned by the Nursing Regulators to review the business case which supports this initiative.
March 18, 2016
Effective today, the new Registered Psychiatric Nurses Regulations come into effect. For more information, visit CRPNBC's website - click here
October 2, 2015
We are pleased to announce a newly formed executive following the AGM on Oct. 2, 2015. Stay tuned to future strategic initiatives from your executive team.
Mary Ann Machado
- Karineh Farahmand Dehghanpour
- Lacey Marshall